How to start a child’s modeling career is a process, so we at Shea Anne Studios, are here for you. Things to consider if you would like to self-submit to casting directors, brands, magazines, and more (and a few tips and tricks along the way), and more.
Why this article?
My passion is to make people feel beautiful and make every person (children and adults) feel like a model.
We are here for you as a resource and we love our child models and child actors, and love making them feel beautiful.
Steps for self-submission:
1. Your child model and child actor needs a social media account
Keep these pages active!
PRO TIP! Hashtags!
2. Mom / Dad / Guardian / Model Support - Directly engage your community, brands, clothing companies, and magazines you love and would like to work with – once again – stay active! This is not a “one and done” “check it off the to-do list”, this is a constant process that you must be consistent with.
PRO TIP! Look at the social handle looks
Share photographs that look similar to that style on your page
Hashtag and @ the brand & message directly
PRO TIP! Can you find their scouting or casting directors online?
3. Option – submit to websites, example (www.lacasting.com) that showcases upcoming casting calls
PRO TIP! When submitting to websites, use a professional photographer for your headshots (link to why hire a professional photographer)
4. Keep your child headshots updated (link – how often should you update your portfolio blog)
5. Be supportive – realize that this is an industry where you have to be flexible, support your kid model’s career, be easy and professional to work with, and follow guidelines and suggestions
Want more looks? Ideas? Thoughts? Support? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to see latest trends and looks! Want to be notified with more industry blogs – sign up here (hyperlink) to get the latest articles on child modeling, child headshots, upcoming photoshoots, wardrobe tips, and more!
Need.a new headshot? Check out our upcoming photoshoots (link to book now).